Monday 23 March 2009

My Kinda Man

They say, why you still unmarried, sister?
Don't you wanna know the bliss of being a mother?

I know a nice brother that will suit ya
Just give me the permission and I'll introduce ya!

Yet, these sister do not try to understand me
They rather just judge me

Labelling me as a feminist
Tellin' me, that my fitrah I should not resist

Sister, I ain't looking for any type of brother
I need a man whose a best friend and not just a lover

Sister, I ain't lookin' for another Ja Rule
But someone who lives only by God's rule

Sister, I need someone to honour and defend me
Not bribe me with Gucci, D&G or Fendi

I need someone deeply pleased with God's decree
Not bragging to me about his status, salary or Master's degree

Someone who understands that his woman's strength
Does not challenge him, but only adds to his success

Sister, I'll tell you the kinda man I need
A man to nurture me both spiritually and intellectually

Sister, I do not judge a man based on his fly ride
But the extent to which he worries what will happen to him when he dies

Sister, I need a warrior for goodness
Someone giving his all to stop this world's madness

Sister, I am looking for a dignified brother
Who will honour and cherish his descendants' mother

Sister, if you really wanna help me
Then try to see things from my perspective

Sister, I am not a feminist I do not have the need to be
See, if I'm still single, it is only due to God's decree

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

wooooooow zaki you are a hidden poet! nayahe why did u not tell me! now we have EVERYTHING in commen!lol

I love these poems u have on your page, so powerfull, so emotive, so colorful,so deep! mashAllah carry on writing sis, i'm loving it!

love fati!

Tymah 9ja said...

this is a lovely piece, i feeel u sis!

Dhool said...

Truly wonderful, you got talent MashaAllah.